Statutory and Non-statutory Books of Hong Kong Company
Would you like to find out what information is your Hong Kong company required to maintain? Read our article below!
Statutory Company Record
After incorporation you will be required to maintain the following documents:
- Register of directors and secretaries
- Register of members
- Written records of sole member (if applicable)
- Written record of sole director (if applicable)
- Minute books
- Accounting records (read more about accounting records requirements of a Hong Kong company)
- Register of charges and copies of all charging instruments
In addition to the statutory books you also may decide to establish the following:
- Register of transfers
- Register if import documents
Public or Private
The information may be available to public in some cases. In other – only to members and creditors of the company.
Where to keep the Company records
There is a few option where the company records may be kept:
- principal place of business
- registered office
- other place (company directors must approve the place and inform the Companies Registry).
Startupr Hong Kong Limited