Skip to content

Deregistration of Private company

Deregistration of Private company


Did you decide to deregister Hong Kong business? Please be reminded that your Hong Kong company must be deregistered as well.


As the first step, the Inland Revenue Department and Companies Registry in Hong Kong must be notified about the company deregistration.

Who can apply for deregistration?

  • The company
  • The director of the company or a member

Requirements for deregistration

  • The business has not been commenced or;
  • the company has ceased to carry on business for more than three months immediately before the de-registration application
  • there are no outstanding liabilities
  • all company members must agree to the de-registration
  • the company isn’t a party to any legal proceedings
  • the company’s assets cannot consist of any immovable property situated in Hong Kong

Deregistration Process

You’re required to apply for a written notice of no objection from the Inland Revenue Department and submit a completed application and pay a fee of HK$270.

When you receive the certificate of no objection from IRD, you must submit a signed and completed form “Application for deregistration of private company or company limited by guarantee” and pay a filing fee of HK$420.

The Registrat will publish a notice in the Gazzette when the application is approved. If the Registrat doesn’t receive any objection, it will publish a further notice at the end of the 3 months.



Get more helpful tips

Like what you're reading? Get fresh tips to start & grow your company.


Similar posts